Thursday, October 7, 2010

Import Business, International Trade


Video from our FREE Online Business Course
http://www.myownbusiness.org
Session 14 International Trade

Question:
"What is the smartest decision you made in starting your linen business?"

Ming Friedman
Linen Pro Designs, Inc.
www.linenpro.com

Topics covered in this video:
International trade, advice, recommendations, import, export

I would say it would be having my own source in China. I went to a Canton fair after my first purchase and realized I could have paid half of what I had paid earlier. Since then I am not only going to the fair but I also go visit the factories. Sometimes the factory will be in the middle of nowhere but they appreciate my visit and know I must be serious about my business. As for the people who don't speak the language and understand the culture, I suggest starting out by looking for a trading company that you are comfortable working with. Even if you have to pay a small commission it will be worth it because the mistakes you could be making by not having the right help could be just devastating.

No comments:

Post a Comment